Thursday, February 21, 2013

Palouse Sketch

When I began this sketch I was not entirely confident in my abilities with Adobe Illustrator, but working with the digital sketch tablets was much more natural than I originally thought. I experimented with different brushes, patterns, colors, and textures to create an image of the Palouse. Beneath the layer that I was drawing on was the original image, making it easier for me to see where I did and did not draw. I varied my brush strokes in order to add depth and dimension to my sketch, and I am pleased with the result. I believe if I would have expanded on this even more I would have been more happy with my result. However, as a beginner with Illustrator I am satisfied with my sketch and confident that I can continue discovering better techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment