Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sherwin-Williams Stir Competition


This poster represents a submission to a design competition, Sherwin-Williams "Stir", which involved creating a cohesive color palette using Sherwin-Williams colors and applying it in a unique way. The space directly relates to another project I was working on at the time involving a redesign of an Pacific Northwest railway depot, transforming it into an art gallery. The colors chosen reflect bright pops of vibrant color that would be seen in the art displayed, and are balanced out with the gray seen far right. Having never submitted to a design competition before, it was very helpful to go through the process and take this as an opportunity for others to see my designs. I have also never used such saturated and bright colors so predominantly in my work, and taking a risk helped further my ideas and explore different venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment